About East Dublin

Easts Dublin SealThe City of East Dublin was officially chartered by the General Assembly of the State of Georgia on February 1, 1952.
The bill incorporating the city named as its governing body the same persons who had been elected to vote under its previous charter in 1951. They were E.B. Warnock, Mayor; W.L. Lake, H.D. Keen, J.T. Braddy, J.E. Sammons and O.D. Cullens. At its first meeting the Mayor and Council elected Harold E. Ward to serve as Attorney and C.H. McDaniel as Clerk of Council. Later in the year Councilman Cullens resigned and a special election was called at which timeHubert Martin was chosen to serve out Cullens’ unexpired term.

The following is a list of persons that have served as Mayor of the City of East Dublin:

Elvin Burney Warnock
Willie Lewis Lake, Sr.
Allison Harlow Manning
Herbert Renfroe
William Hugh Wood
Elmer Allen Page
Oliver Don Bradshaw
George H. Gornto

100_0711East Dublin provides its citizens with water, sewage and garabage collection. There are approximately 24.5 miles of paved streets, excluding state and federal highways. These streets are completely maintained by the city’s public works department.
East Dublin completed the Governor’s All-Star Program  in 1983 with credit received in the following areas: Community Services, Community Facilities, Community Administration and Community Enrichment.
In 1982, the City of East Dublin acquired a state and federal grant for the construction of a recreation park. With the assistance of the Georgia National Guard of Sandersville, Georgia, Laurens County, and local private contractors, Buckeye Park was created. This park offers a public boat ramp, two fish ponds, a Little League softball and football field along with picnic facilities and a community house to provide enjoyment for the public. Its shady, relaxed atmosphere completes the success of this project.

East Dublin, Georgia Municipal Website